Here at iFixed we can easily troubleshoot battery problems and tell you the most likely cause of such a problem, but for those of you at home it is sometimes not that easy to tell. So we’ve generated a list of ways that you can prevent battery drain on your iPhone and look after your device:
- Try to charge your phone as little as possible – as weird as this sounds, having your phone constantly on charge can be detrimental to the iPhone’s battery life. So try to leave your phone until it has reached less than 20% before plugging it in.
- Dynamic backgrounds – pretty as they may be, these new background options can exhaust your battery easily. If you don’t get that much pleasure out of the lovely graphics, you can disable this function at ‘Settings > Wallpaper >’ and select your own image
- Easy peasy – turn your brightness down – makes the world of difference to your battery life
- Don’t set automatic updates! This drains your battery as your device is constantly searching for new updates, so to disable this feature go to: ‘Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads > Updates’ and turn this off!
- Switch off Bluetooth Discovery! Unless you regularly use it, it is best to disable this feature as it diminishes battery life as the feature is constantly active. To do this go to ‘Settings > Bluetooth’ and switch this off.
- Turn off your 3G/4G connection until you need it. This saves so much of your battery life as otherwise your phone is constantly trying to connect to a network when unnecessary. Go to ‘Settings > Mobile > Enable 3G/4G’ and turn this off!
- The same with your Wi-Fi connection. If you don’t need it on 24/7 then turn it off! Go to ‘Settings > Wi-Fi’ and turn this off.
- Remember to exit your apps properly by double-tapping your home button and swiping upwards on each window that is open. You can also review which apps are draining your battery, ‘Settings > General > Usage’ will allow you to see which apps are draining your battery the most. So only use these when you need them and get rid of any apps that you no longer use.
- Turn off your location services until you need them! Go to ‘Settings > Privacy > Location Settings’ to turn this off.
Hopefully these tips & tricks will help you make the most of your iPhone battery life, but if you still face any problems with the battery, operating system or charging ports (as well as any other phone fault) please get in touch with us at www.ifixed.co.uk or give us a call on 01507 463230 – we are happy to answer any query you may have!